Thursday, June 30, 2011

Vegan spaghetti with meat sauce

Tonight was a good spaghetti and meat sauce kind of night
This is something we had often before we went vegan so I quickly found a way to adapt the old recipe to our new eating habits
The first thing i do is use Ronzoni Garden pasta made from veggies and then I chose a vegan sauce like Meijers organic sauces and I add my own touches. I get Meatless Crumbles and fry them in olive oil and garlic and add them to the sauce with some fresh mushroom and basil. Then I let it simmer for an hour or so. This give a jar sauce a good home made taste. I serve over pasta and add some soy cheese.
One of the main things I did when I decided to convert the whole family was try to find ways to make the same meals we were accustom to but with vegan substitutes. That way it was not so hard for my family to get used to. Luckily we like trying new dishes and i have purchases a few vegan cookbooks and I try about two to three new recipes every week. It has really made a huge shift in how we few food. It seems like an adventure!

Enjoy!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment