Friday, July 1, 2011

Vegan Veggie Paella

I love Seinfeld!! Love it! So on one older episode George mentions that his mother made 'all this paella' and what is she going to do with it! Jerrys parents had just cancelled on Estelle so she had a ton of paella and no one to eat it. So...this sparked my my curiosity and I decided to find out what paella was and to make it.
So I found this Quick Vegetarian (Vegan) Paella and it is yummy!! This make a huge batch and is good for left overs and may even be better warmed up the next day

Ingred:
2 T olive oil
2 c chopped onion
2 c chopped green pepper
1 c mushroom
2 garlic cloves minced
3 c uncooked quick cook brown rice
2 c vegetable broth
1 c water
1 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp dried thyme
2 c chopped tomato
1 c frozen green peas
1/2 c pimento stuffed olives chopped
2 T chopped flat leaf parsley
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts drained and coarsely chopped

Heat olive oil over med-high heat and add onion, pepper, mushroom and garlic and sauté 5 min
Stir in rice and next 4 ingredient (through the thyme) and bring ton a boil
Cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 min
Stir in tomato, peas, olives, parsley, pepper and artichokes.
Cook 3 min or until rice Is tender and mixture is throughly heated
Garnish with parsley

I hope you enjoy this as much as we do!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment