Friday, July 15, 2011

Is going vegan easy? Plan ahead

I am home all day with two small children and I have decided that the key to sticking to our lifestyle choice is to stock the house with vegan choices that I want to snack on or fix for dinner. The kids always want snacks and it is easy to just grab what they have and snack on it as well but it isn't always the best choice for me. Our oldest loves cheese. She always loves cookies too as well as goldfish! Yum! I try to keep vegan snacks like veggies or oatmeal raisin cookies that I make to satisfy my snack habit.
The first thing on my list when it comes to sticking to the vegan diet is plan ahead. Plan ahead when you are leaving the house so you aren't tempted by fast food or forbidden snacks. Also plan ahead if you are going out to eat. Look up the menu on line and read through it for vegan options before you get to the restaurant. That will give you a better idea of the options they have. Some parts of the country are easier than others to find good vegan options!
Just keep in mind that you made this decision for ethical reasons or for health reasons and you can stick to it and be satisfied with a little planning!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment